ToneDexter by Audio Sprockets Studio Sound for Your Live
2/01/2005 · A great solution for upright piano live is a shure SM91. It'a s hemispherical pattern condenser mic, so it wil pick up everything. Just tape it securely to the lid and close it.... Another tip is that boundary?effect bass boost, while not giving the most natural sound for classical recordings, can bail you out if the low end of the piano in question is lacking weight. Unless you can take some of the panels off the instrument (of which more later), the only way to gain access to the strings is to open the lid at the top and mic the piano from above.
HOW TO MIC A DOUBLE BASS dpamicrophones.com
2/01/2005 · A great solution for upright piano live is a shure SM91. It'a s hemispherical pattern condenser mic, so it wil pick up everything. Just tape it securely to the lid and close it.... Microphone positioning The spot between the fret board and the sound hole is a good starting position to mount a microphone. This position represents most of the elements of the guitar sound we want to capture – low end as well as ‘bite’ when the strings are picked or strummed.
Piano Miking Summit Sweetwater
(bass guitar music) Ribbon mic. (bass guitar music) You can really tell that either mic would work, but they just bring out different elements of the electric bass and the amplifier itself. I hadn't put up a large diaphragm condenser mic on a bass amp in a number of years, actually, and after this test I've been using them more often on bass amps. unturned how to give xp This article will give you some guidelines on close miking a double bass (upright bass, acoustic bass or contra bass). It will discuss the best type of microphone for …
PICKUPS and MICROPHONES Should I get a Pickup or a Mic
By Doug Beney. Recording the double bass — aka upright bass — takes more than throwing up the nearest mic in front of an f-hole. On its own, the bass isn’t overwhelmingly loud, particularly when compared with amped guitars and drum kits. how to hack xbox live accounts 2017 The EAP (Ehrlund Acoustic Pickup) is a specially designed "linear microphone" which attaches to your bass top, and produces an incredibly realistic, mic-like sound - but with the convenience (and feedback resistance) of a pickup.
How long can it take?
All Products â€” Ear Trumpet Labs
- Microphones by Application Guide| Audio-Technica US
- Review Earthworks SV33 Cardioid Capacitor Microphone
- upright bassmatt YouTube
- Piano mic for live performance? MusicPlayer Forums
How To Mic An Upright Bass For Live Performance
This multi purpose DI/preamp/EQ/signal switch provides professional, studio quality performance for electric bass guitar, acoustic/upright/double bass, cello, and many other instruments for impeccable sound quality in studio or live performance situations.
- This article will give you some guidelines on close miking a double bass (upright bass, acoustic bass or contra bass). It will discuss the best type of microphone for …
- A Cardioid works best when doing a “Gather Round” in most live performance situations. It also allows for more gain before feedback on stage. If the group is using ear monitor systems, an Omnidirectional pattern (the KSM44 has this option) could also work. It depends on how many people and/or instruments are needing to be picked up by one mic.
- Large-diaphragm condenser microphone specifically designed for use on upright basses with a flexible mounting system. tuned to provide the most natural sound for acoustic bass in a live …
- The Beta 52A does an excellent job of capturing the punch and warmth of kick drums, bass amps and upright bass, and it requires a microphone stand for proper positioning. The drum mounts allow you to mount various microphones, including the 57s, to the rims of drums, cymbal stands, mic …